U065 - Up and Coming Fillers: Experience from Across the Atlantic
Sunday, February 18; 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize the difference between physical properties of fillers and how that translates clinically into practice.
- Select the right filler for the right anatomical location.
- Differentiate between the different fillers and how they may appear histologically.
This session, which comprises and array of international speakers who are experts in their respective field, will look at a holistic approach of fillers and will start off by looking at how fillers are different rheologically based on their flow properties. The audience will then be able to understand what filler should be injected safely and where. Finally, if an adverse event does occur, the audience will recognize the fillers histopathologically. Finally, a summary of all the different fillers from across the world will be showcased with a focus on those that are in the FDA pipeline.
- Braz, Andre, MD: Allergan, Inc – A(H), SP(H); Merz Pharmaceuticals, LLC – SP(Fees);
- Galadari, Hassan I., MD: Allergan, Inc. – SP(H); Aqtis Medical – I(Grants/Research Funding); Merz Aesthetics – SP(H); Sinclair Pharma – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); TEOXANE Laboratories – I(EQ), Speaker/Faculty Education(H);
- Mariwalla, Kavita, MD: Aclaris Therapeutics Inc. – C(Fees); Galderma Argentina, S.A. – SP(Fees); Revance Therapeutics, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Skinfix, Inc. – C(Fees);
- Vandergriff, Travis W., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Sunday, February 18
Dr. Mariwalla / Rheology of Fillers and their Physical Properties
Dr. Braz / Anatomical Perspectives in Filler Injection
Dr. Vandergriff / Histopathological Presentation of Fillers
Dr. Galadari / Up and Coming Fillers from Across the Globe
All faculty / Q&A