U051 - Hedgehog Inhibitor Therapy for BCC: An Academic and a Private Practice Perspective
Sunday, February 18; 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Summarize the peer reviewed literature of the use of Hedgehog pathway inhibitors.
- Identify practice gaps to implementation of Hedgehog therapy
- Recognize important side effect management
Hedgehog (Hh) pathway inhibitors, also called smoothened inhibitors, include vismodegib and sonidegib. They have an important role in complicated BCC tumors. We will review relevant literature and share the perspective and experience of our patient care in both a private practice and academics setting and discuss emerging topics including management of drug-resistant tumors.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 10 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment points. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Chang, Anne Lynn S., MD: Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Genentech, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Merck & Co., Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding); Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Nuskin – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Strasswimmer, John, MD, PhD: Actelion – Speaker/Faculty Education(Fees); Novartis – C(NC);
Sunday, February 18
All faculty / Hedgehog Inhibitor Therapy for BCC: An Academic and a Private Practice Perspective