U049 - Avoiding Complications and Maximizing Results in Laser Surgery
Sunday, February 18; 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify and avoid common complications in laser surgery.
- Implement and apply strategies for managing laser complications.
- Discuss some basics of laser physics and skin biology as it pertains to laser surgery, and apply this knowledge to diagnose which conditions are amenable to laser treatment.
A comprehensive overview of lasers and other energy-based devices will be covered. An introduction to the physics and biology behind laser-tissue interactions will be presented to enable avoiding common complications and maximizing results of laser surgery. The presenters have extensive experience with a very wide range of devices and can offer their individual pearls and approaches to using modern lasers and energy-based devices. At the completion of the course, attendees should have a better understanding of lasers and energy-based devices, how to use them more safely, and apply this knowledge to manage complications more effectively when they occur.
- Bernstein, Eric F., MD: Candela Corporation – A(Fees); Syneron, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Zeltiq Aesthetics – A(H), I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Geronemus, Roy G., MD: Allergan, Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding); Allergan, Inc. – A(Grants/Research Funding); Cutera, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Cynosure, Inc – A(Grants/Research Funding), I(Grants/Research Funding); Cytrellis Biosystems, Inc – I(ST), SH(ST); Merz Aesthetics – I(Grants/Research Funding); Miramar Labs – I(Grants/Research Funding); Syneron Candela – A(Grants/Research Funding), I(Grants/Research Funding);
Sunday, February 18
Dr. Bernstein / Avoiding complications and Maximizing Results: Vascular/Hair/Tattoo treatments
Dr. Geronemus / Avoiding Complications and Maximizing Results: Resurfacing/Fractionated lasers/Pigment/Fat Reduction