U048 - Atopic Dermatitis: More Than Skin Deep
Saturday, February 17; 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify systemic infections, which can occur in patients with atopic dermatitis.
- Recognize the effect that atopic dermatitis can have on a person's mental health and overall well-being.
- Describe associations between atopic dermatitis and ocular disease.
While atopic dermatitis primarily affects the skin, it is a complex disease that can affect other organ systems. This session examines the multi-system infections, mental health and ocular manifestations that can accompany atopic dermatitis. Audience: general, pediatric and complex medical dermatologists
- Diaz, Lucia Zoraida, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Jahnke, Marla Nicole, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Sun, Grace Shou-en, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, February 17
Dr. Jahnke / Systemic Infectious Complications
Dr. Diaz / Mental Health and Well-Being
Dr. Sun / Ocular ramifications: seeing beyond the skin
All faculty / Q&A