U034 - Scientific Studies Which Support the Topical Use of Hemp, CBD, and THC for Anti-aging, Psoriasis, Eczema, and Acne
Saturday, February 17; 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Summarize what cannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system do in the human body and skin
- Discuss the science behind using cannabinoids in hemp to aide in anti-inflammation in processes such as wrinkling, acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Discuss topical cannabinoid options when patients ask for information regarding its use for their skin disorders.
1) What is hemp and what it is the difference between that and medical marijuana?
2) What are the cannabidiols, one of which is CBD?
3) How does the endocannabinoid system function in the body?
4) What do beauty products containing hemp do for the skin?
5) What do topical cannabidiols do for the skin?
6) What are the studies which document anecdotal reports that topical and/or oral CBD improve acne, eczema, and psoriasis?
- Jacknin, Jeanette, MD: jojoba desert – SP(Fees); ZSS Skincare – C(Fees);
Saturday, February 17
Dr. Jacknin / Scientific Studies Which Support the Topical Use of Hemp, CBD, and THC for Anti-aging, Psoriasis, Eczema, and Acne