U030 - Hair Care Practices and Hair Disorders in Skin of Color
Saturday, February 17; 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify and understand the unique hair care practices used among patients of color.
- Assess and diagnose hair disorders commonly seen in patients of color.
- Identify preventative measures and treatment options for hair disorders in patients of color.
The session will include an in depth discussion detailing the unique hair care practices among patients of color. Hair disorders commonly encountered by men and women in this population will be discussed along with approaches to diagnosis and practical management. The session will include discussion of approaches to counseling patients regarding optimization of hair care practices. The audience for this session is the general dermatologist who may encounter diverse patient populations and who would like to better understand the unique hair care practices and hair disorders in this population.
- Ferguson, Nkanyezi Ngwenyama, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Kindred, Chesahna, MD, MBA: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Price, Lulit, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, February 17
Dr. Price / Ethnic Hair Care Practices
Dr. Kindred / Hair Disorders in Women of Color
Dr. Ferguson / Hair Disorders in Men of Color