U027 - Non-surgical Skin Cancer Treatments
Saturday, February 17; 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify clinical factors when surgical treatment is not advisable.
- Identify non-surgical treatments for cutaneous malignancies.
- Outline therapeutic options for skin cancers not suitable for surgical treatment.
Skin cancer can be treated with different therapies. Tumor and patient factors can dictate the appropriate treatment. In this session, we will discuss patient and tumor factors that influence the treatment approach. We will review evidence based, non-surgical treatments for skin cancer; including topical medications, radiotherapy and photodynamic therapy.
- Hanlon, Allison, MD, PhD: Merck & Co., Inc – C(Fees);
- Samie, Faramarz H., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Zeitouni, Nathalie C., MD: Genentech, Inc. – SP(H), SP(NC);