U025 - Disparities in Dermatology
Saturday, February 17; 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Define health and healthcare disparities.
- Recognize examples of health and healthcare disparities in dermatology and factors that contribute to disparities.
- Identify methods to reduce disparities in dermatology.
This session will focus on defining health and healthcare disparities, reviewing the existing data that identify dermatologic disparities through disease or population-specific examples, and discussing potential causes of disparities and what can be done to eliminate them.
- Takeshita, Junko, MD, PhD: Pfizer Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Taylor, Susan C., MD: Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc. – A(H), I(Grants/Research Funding), SP(H); Allergan, Inc – A(H), Speaker/Faculty Education(NC); Beiersdorf, Inc. – A(H), C(H); Croma-Pharma GmbH Austria – I(Grants/Research Funding); Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – A(H); Galderma Laboratories, LP – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); KGL Skin Study Center – Independent Contractor(S); Neostrata – C(H); Unilever – SP(H);
Saturday, February 17
Dr. Takeshita / Health and Healthcare Disparities: Definitions and Examples in Dermatology
Dr. Taylor / Addressing Disparities in Dermatology: Why They Exist and How to Eliminate Them
All faculty / Question and Answer Session