U023 - Nursery Tales: Challenging Dermatoses in Newborns
Friday, February 16; 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Develop a differential diagnosis for challenging dermatoses in premature and term infants
- Utilize laboratory testing to diagnose skin disease in neonates.
- Formulate management plans for newborn skin eruptions.
Case-based scenarios of cutaneous eruptions in neonates will be utilized to review the differential diagnosis of skin lesions in preterm and term infants and to discuss approaches for evaluation and management for these disorders. This session will examine laboratory testing strategies and offer updates from recent literature. Topics explored will range from infectious, neoplastic, and genetic diseases to manifestations of metabolic disease.
- Hunt, Raegan D., MD, PhD: Pfizer Inc. – C(Fees);
- Levy, Moise L., MD: Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Castle Creek Pharmaceuticals – C(NC); Scioderm – I(Grants/Research Funding); UpToDate, Inc. – O(S);
Friday, February 16
Dr. Hunt / neonatal dermatology
Dr. Levy / neonatal dermatology
All faculty / Q&A