U009 - Pearls for Challenging Cases in Skin of Color
Friday, February 16; 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize different diagnostic clues in skin of color patients
- Identify and formulate a management strategy for the patient
- Discuss the risks, benefits, and alternative therapies for skin diseases that impact patients with skin of color
By the year 2030, 46% of the US population will be Hispanic, African American, or Asian. This focus session is designed to provide a high-yield review as well as to highlight clinical clues for diagnostic and therapy in complex skin of color conditions. The session will be an interactive case-based discussion. It will review pearls for the diagnosis and treatment of challenging cases, including sarcoidosis, chronic ulcers, CTCL, severe atopic dermatitis, bullous disorders, and autoimmune conditions.
This focus session is targeted to dermatology residents and general dermatologists.
- Ortega-Loayza, Alex Gerardo, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Seminario-Vidal, Lucia, MD, PhD: Actelion – I(NC), Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Amgen – I(NC); Boehringer Ingelheim – I(NC); Celgene Corporation – I(NC); Eli Lilly and Company – I(NC); Navigant – C(H); Novartis – A(H); Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – I(NC); Soligenix, Inc – I(NC);
Friday, February 16
Dr. Seminario-Vidal / Pearls from the Southeast
Dr. Ortega-Loayza / Pearls from the Northwest
All faculty / Questions and answers