U008 - A Practical Approach to the Management of Onychomycosis
Friday, February 16; 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Utilize clinicopathologic correlation for improved diagnosis and treatment of onychomycosis.
- Summarize current and emerging treatments for onychomycosis.
This session is directed towards general dermatologists who are interested in the diagnosis and
treatment of nail disorders. Topics to be covered include epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of
onychomycosis. FDA approved topical and oral therapies will be discussed in detail, as well as, emerging
treatments, including devices. Faculty include nail experts from around the world.
- Gupta, Aditya K., MD, PhD: Moberg Derma – C(Fees); Sandoz, a Novartis company – A(Fees); Valeant Pharmaceuticals International – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Hinshaw, Molly A., MD: Accure Medical, LLC – F(ST);
- Lipner, Shari, MD, PhD: MOE Medical Devices LLC – I(Grants/Research Funding);
Friday, February 16
Dr. Gupta / Epidemiology of Onychomycosis
Dr. Hinshaw / Diagnosis of Onychomycosis
Dr. Gupta / Systemic Treatment for Onychomycosis
Dr. Lipner / Topical Treatment for Onychomycosis
Dr. Lipner / Devices for the Treatment of Onychomycosis
All faculty / Questions and Answers