S064 - Women’s Health Therapeutic Hotline
Monday, February 19; 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Review new therapies for women with androgenetic alopecia, including platelet rich plasma, and therapies available for hirsutism.
- Outline the appropriate management of viral disease in pregnancy, and describe the management of vulvar infection and infestations.
- Discuss safety issues for aesthetic procedures in pregnancy, and summarize how a practitioner who performs aesthetic procedures could mitigate risk.
This therapeutics symposium highlights cutting edge issues in women’s health in dermatology. We will review new therapies available for androgenetic alopecia and outline therapies for hirsutism and vulvar skin disease. We will discuss the impact of viral infections and aesthetic procedures on a woman’s pregnancy, and provide of overview of how to mitigate risk in aesthetic practice. Finally, we will discuss the appropriate workup and management of skin disease in lactating mothers. This course is packed with clinical pearls for dermatologists who provide medical, surgical and aesthetic care for women of all ages.
- Damstetter, Elizabeth, MD: Revision Skincare – A(H);
- Kroumpouzos, George, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Murase, Jenny Eileen, MD: Dermira – C(H); Regeneron – SH(ST); UCB – C(H);
- Pomeranz, Miriam Keltz, MD: Procter & Gamble Company – A(Fees); UpToDate, Inc – O(IP);
- Schlosser, Bethanee Jean, MD, PhD: Allergan, Inc – A(H), SP(H); Beiersdorf, Inc. – A(H); Decision Support in Medicine, LLC – O(H); UCB – A(H); UpToDate, Inc – O(H);
- Shapiro, Jerry, MD: Aclaris Therapeutics Inc. – A(H); Allergan, Inc. – A(H); Applied Biology – C(H); Bayer Consumer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals – C(NC); Cassiopea SpA – A(NC); Incyte Corporation – C(NC); Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company – C(H); L'Oréal France – C(H); RegenLab – I(Grants/Research Funding); RepliCel Life Sciences – F(ST); Samumed, LLC – A(H);
- Shinkai, Kanade, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Monday, February 19
Dr. Murase / Introduction
Dr. Shapiro / Therapy update for androgenetic alopecia in women
Dr. Shinkai / Hormonal therapy and workup for hirsutism
Dr. Shinkai and Dr. Shapiro / Q&A
Dr. Schlosser / Vulvar Infections and Infestations
Dr. Pomeranz / Viral Infections in Pregnancy
Dr. Pomeranz and Dr. Schlosser / Q&A
Dr. Kroumpouzos / Aesthetic Procedures in Pregnancy
Dr. Damstetter / Mitigating Risk in Aesthetic Practice
Dr. Murase / The Breast and Lactation
Dr. Murase, Dr. Pomeranz, and Dr. Damstetter / Q&A