S061 - Contact Dermatitis
Monday, February 19; 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify of new and upcoming allergens and common allergens in soaps, sunscreens and other personal care products.
- Assess of the patient with occupational contact dermatitis.
- Discuss and manage of challenges within patch testing including immunosuppressants, metal devices and patients with atopic dermatitis.
This session is intended to provide information on upcoming and new allergens as well as a discussion of allergens seen in common personal care allergens products such as shampoos, soaps and sunscreens. It will also discuss the approach to the occupational contact dermatitis patient and the patient with atopic dermatitis who is in need of patch testing. Challenges within the field of contact dermatitis including testing while on immunosuppressants and metal devices and patch testing will be addressed.
- Anderson, Bryan Erik, MD: Elsevier Inc. – O(IP);
- Dunnick, Cory A., MD: Pfizer Inc. – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Lampel, Heather P., MD, MPH: Merz Aesthetics – C(Fees);
- Mowad, Christen M., MD: AbbVie – E(S); Elsevier Inc. – B(H); UpToDate, Inc – O(IP);
- Silverberg, Jonathan I., MD, PhD, MPH: AbbVie – C(H), I(NC); Eli Lilly and Company – C(H), I(NC); Galderma Research & Development, LLC – C(H); GlaxoSmithKline – C(H), I(NC); Glenmark Generics Inc. – C(H); Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. – C(H), I(NC); Leo Pharma Inc – A(H); Leo Pharma Inc. – I(H); Medimmune – C(H); Menlo Therapeutics – A(H), I(NC); Pfizer Inc. – A(H), C(H); PuriCore, Inc. – C(H); Regeneron – C(H), I(NC), SP(H); Sanofi – C(Grants/Research Funding);
- Wu, Peggy, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Monday, February 19
Dr. Lampel / Occupational Contact Dermatitis Update
Dr. Anderson / New and Up coming Allergens
Dr. Silverberg / Atopic Dermatitis and Patch Testing
Dr. Wu / Challenges in Patch Testing
Dr. Dunnick / Shampoo, Soaps and Sunscreen Allergens
Dr. Mowad / Metal Devices and Patch Testing