S054 - Melanoma: The Future is Now
Monday, February 19; 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Compare the strengths and weaknesses of emerging methods and technologies being integrated into the clinical setting for melanoma.
- Evaluate which new methods and technologies are (and are not) important and appropriate to incorporate into your dermatology practice.
- Inform patients about technological advances being made in melanoma detection, diagnosis, and care.
A staggering number of new phone apps, imaging devices, diagnostic and prognostic laboratory tests, and strategies for applying precision medicine to melanoma care are emerging. Which of these advances are ready for "prime time" and will be truly useful in your practice? In this symposium, dermatology innovators will describe, explain, and assess data with respect to the most promising new methods and technologies available for melanoma. Liberal question and answer periods and panel discussions are included to encourage audience engagement and to ensure exploration of controversial topics.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 30 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment points. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Curiel-Lewandrowski, Clara N., MD: Amendia – C(H); Amgen – C(H);
- Gerami, Pedram, MD: Castle Biosciences, Inc – C(H); DermTech International – C(H); Myriad Genetics Inc – C(H);
- Gill, Melissa, MD: Acupath Laboratories, Inc. – C(Fees); Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center – C(Fees); Park Madison Laboratories, Inc. – C(Fees);
- Leachman, Sancy A., MD, PhD: Castle Biosciences, Inc – A(H); DermDetect – B(Grants/Research Funding); Myriad Genetics Inc – A(H), C(Fees); Palvella Therapeutics – A(NC);
- Markowitz, Orit, MD: 3Gen, LLC – SP(H); Amgen – I(Grants/Research Funding); Caliber Imaging and Diagnostics Inc. – I(EQ); DUSA Pharmaceuticals, Inc – I(OB); Elsevier Inc. – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – I(OB); Leo Pharma Inc – C(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Lippincott Williams & Wilkins – O(Fees); Lucid, Inc. – I(EQ); MDSolarSciences Corporation – A(NC); MelaSciences – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Michelson Diagnostics Ltd. – I(EQ); Novartis – I(Grants/Research Funding); Regeneron – C(H); Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Ming, Michael E., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Novoa, Roberto, MD: Novan – SH(ST); Zebra Medical Technologies, Inc. – C(Fees);
- Soyer, H. Peter, MD: e-derm-consult GmbH – F(NC); Molemap Australia – C(ST); Tele Diagnostic Systems Inc. – C(Fees);
Monday, February 19
All faculty / Melanoma: The Future is Now