S053 - Complex Medical Dermatology in Children and Adults
Monday, February 19; 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Formulate a diagnostic and therapeutic approach to urticarial and auto-inflammatory disorders.
- Recognize clinical and histopathologic similarities and differences of skin diseases presenting in childhood through adulthood.
- Distinguish between the common presentations of melanoma in children of various ages and adults.
The practice of “complex medical dermatology” applies to the care of both adults and children. This symposium will highlight a selection of hot topics and modern day challenges of managing pediatric and adult patients with complex skin diseases. We will explore differences in disease presentations and management between children and adults and the implications for adults of skin diseases that arise in childhood. Join this stellar line-up of pediatric and adult dermatologists as they share their wisdom, experience and expertise.
- Cordoro, Kelly M., MD: Celgene – B(Fees);
- Cowen, Edward W., MD: UpToDate, Inc – O(OB);
- Elston, Dirk Michael, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Fox, Lindy Peta, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Frieden, Ilona J., MD: Medimetriks Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – Data Safety Monitoring Board(Fees); Menlo Therapeutics – A(H); Pfizer Inc. – Data Safety Monitoring Board(NC); Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmétique US – C(H);
- Greer, Kenneth E., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Monday, February 19
Dr. Cordoro / Introduction
Dr. Fox / 5 'Not to Miss' Pearls
Dr. Cowen / Autoinflammation in Children and Adults
Dr. Frieden / Vascular Anomalies: From Infancy to Adulthood
Dr. Frieden / Q/A
Dr. Elston / Mimics
Dr. Elston / Q/A
Dr. Cordoro / Melanoma Detection: What’s Age Got To Do With It?
Dr. Cordoro / Q/A
Greer / Then and Now: A Photographic Exploration of Skin Diseases Through the Age Spectrum
Dr. Cordoro / Closing Remarks and Adjourn