S055 - Chronic Pruritus: Bedside to Bench Perspectives
Monday, February 19; 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Evaluate the patient who has chronic itch.
- Formulate a treatment plan for the patient who suffers from chronic itch.
Chronic pruritus has considerable impact on patient quality of life. Successful treatment has been a challenge that is beginning to be met as a result of advances in understanding of physiology and pathophysiology accompanied by targeted therapeutic approaches. This session is geared toward the practicing physician. It addresses advances in our understanding of itch, workup of the itchy patient and cutting edge approaches to treatment.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 30 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment points. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Elmariah, Sarina, MD: AOBiome, LLC – C(Fees); Menlo Therapeutics – A(H); Science 37, Inc. – C(NC);
- Kim, Brian S, MD: Incyte Corporation – C(Fees); Regeneron – C(H);
- Lerner, Ethan A., MD, PhD: Dermira – A(Fees); Lerner Medical Devices, Inc. – F(NC); Menlo Therapeutics – A(Fees); Merck & Co., Inc – C(Fees); Sienna Biopharmaceuticals – A(Fees); Toray Industries, Inc. – C(Fees);
- Stander, Sonja, MD: Galderma Research & Development, LLC – C(H); Tigercat Pharma, Inc. – A(H); Trevi Therapeutics – C(H);
- Szepietowski, Jacek C, MD: AbbVie – A(H), I(H), SP(H); Almirall – A(H), SP(H); Celgene Corporation – A(H); Janssen-Cilag – I(H); Leo Pharma Inc. – A(H); Novartis – A(H), I(H), SP(H); Pierre Fabre Dermatologie – A(H); Regeneron – I(H); Sandoz, a Novartis company – Data Safety Monitoring Board(H); Sanofi – SP(H); Sienna Biopharmaceuticals – A(H); Trevi Therapeutics – A(H); UCB – SP(H);
- Yosipovitch, Gil, MD: Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – A(H); Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Menlo Therapeutics – A(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Novartis – C(H); OPKO Health, Inc – C(H); Pfizer Inc. – A(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Sanofi/Regeneron – A(H); Sienna Biopharmaceuticals – A(H); Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. – I(Grants/Research Funding); Trevi Therapeutics – A(H);
Monday, February 19
Dr. Tey / The cutaneous nervous system in pruritic dermatoses: a 3-dimensional perspective
Dr. Stander / New therapies for pruritus
Dr. Elmariah / Workup of the itchy patient
Dr. Szepietowski / Systemic pruritus
Dr. Kim / Itchy conversations between the neuro and immune systems
Dr. Yosipovitch / Interesting itches