S050 - Skinternal Medicine: An Update on Cutaneous Manifestations of Systemic Disease
Monday, February 19; 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize cutaneous manifestations of systemic disease
- Develop a scheme for evaluation of patients with cutaneous diseases that might reflect internal diseases
- Formulate a plan for management of patients with systemic therapies
The skin is frequently reflective of internal disease. This session will update the attendees with new aspects of such diseases and prepare them for developing effective, efficient plans for evaluation of such patients. In addition, attendees will be provided with a therapeutic scheme for cost-effective management. Off-label uses of medications will occur, but we will use the best level of evidence available for the basis of the therapeutic discussions.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 30 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment points. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Bolognia, Jean L., MD: Elsevier Inc. – O(IP);
- Callen, Jeffrey Phillip, MD: 3M Pharmaceuticals – SH(ST); Abbott Laboratories – SH(ST); AbbVie – SH(ST); Allergan, Inc – SH(ST); Amgen – C(H); Biogen – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Celgene – SH(ST); Eli Lilly and Company – C(H); JAMA – B(H); Johnson and Johnson – SH(ST); Pfizer Inc. – SH(ST); Procter & Gamble Company – SH(ST); UpToDate, Inc. – B(H);
- Fett, Nicole, MD: La Roche-Posay Laboratorie Pharmaceutique – I(S); Pfizer Inc. – I(S);
- Harp, Joanna L., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Jorizzo, Joseph L., MD: Amgen – A(H); LEO Pharma, US – A(H);
- Maderal, Andrea, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Rosenbach, Misha, MD: Derm101 – Independent Contractor(H); Endocyte – I(NC); Gilead Sciences, Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding); GlaxoSmithKline – C(NC); Merck & Co., Inc – A(H); Promet Therapeutics, LLC – C(H);
- Schadt, Courtney Reynolds, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Shinkai, Kanade, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Stratman, Erik Joseph, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Strowd, Lindsay Chaney, MD: Actelion – SP(H);
Monday, February 19
Dr. Callen / Introduction
Dr. Stratman / Case 1
Dr. Jorizzo / Case 2
Dr. Schadt / Case 3
Dr. Fett / Case 4
Dr. Harp / Case 5
Dr. Rosenbach / Case 6
Dr. Strowd / Case 7
Dr. Shinkai / Case 8
Dr. Bolognia / Case 9
Dr. Maderal / Case 10
Dr. Callen / Case 11
All faculty / Q&A