S020 - Advances in Medical Dermatology
Saturday, February 17; 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe important developments in complex medical dermatology.
- Order appropriate diagnostic testing and therapeutic monitoring in patients with complex medical diseases with cutaneous presentations, including those on systemic medications.
- Formulate therapeutic strategies to manage complex medical dermatology disease, including connective tissue disease, neutrophilic dermatoses, drug reactions, and atopic dermatitis.
Complex medical dermatology is a field that is evolving at an incredible pace, with many recent developments in diagnostic evaluation and treatments. The focus of this symposium will be on new approaches to evaluating and treating neutrophilic dermatoses, cutaneous reactions to targeted chemotherapy, severe drug eruptions, and autoimmune skin diseases. The safe implementation and monitoring of new modes of treatment will also be discussed. The multidisciplinary management of patients with complex medical dermatologic conditions will be presented, including insights learned from treating cutaneous conditions in patients with underlying malignancy or immune dysfunction.
- Haemel, Anna, MD: CSL Behring – Data Safety Monitoring Board(NC);
- Kwong, Bernice, MD: Genentech, Inc. – C(Fees);
- Micheletti, Robert, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Peng, David H., MD, MPH: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Shinkai, Kanade, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Werth, Victoria P., MD: AstraZeneca – A(H); Biogen – C(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); BMS – C(H); Celgene Corporation – C(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); CSL – C(H); Genentech, Inc. – C(H); Gilead Sciences – C(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – C(H); Immune Pharmaceuticals – C(H); Immunotherapeutics – C(H); Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc – C(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Lilly ICOS LLC – C(H); Lupus Foundation of America – C(H); Medimmune – C(H); Neovacs – C(H); Octapharma – C(H); Pfizer Inc. – C(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); Principia Biopharma Inc. – C(H); Resolve Therapeutics – C(H); Roche Laboratories – C(H); Stiefel a GSK company – C(H); Syntimmune, Inc. – C(H), I(Grants/Research Funding); UV Therapeutics – A(ST);
Saturday, February 17
Dr. Peng / Update on Drug Reaction with Eosinophilia and Systemic Symptoms (DRESS)
Dr. Kwong / Chemotherapy-related severe cutaneous reactions
Dr. Micheletti / Update on Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
Dr. Micheletti / Q&A
Dr. Haemel / Update on Cutaneous Manifestations of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Dr. Haemel / Q&A
Dr. Shinkai / Update on neutrophilic dermatoses
Dr. Shinkai / Q&A
Dr. Werth / Update on lupus and dermatomyositis