S017 - Vascular Anomalies Symposium: Classification, Clinical Challenges and Management Update
Saturday, February 17; 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Formulate an approach to common vascular anomalies.
- Identify problematic hemangiomas and recognize when treatment is required.
- Examine potential pitfalls associated with the diagnosis and management of vascular anomalies.
Dermatologists play a primary role in diagnosing and directing the management of vascular anomalies. This session will provide an overview of new information pertaining to the vascular anomalies most commonly encountered by the dermatologist. Understanding this updated information may lead to modifications in care and have a significant impact on patient outcomes.
- Baselga, Eulalia, MD: Almirall – SP(H); Cytovation – C(Fees); Ferrer – C(H), SP(Fees); Martiderm – SP(Fees); Novartis – O(OB), SP(Fees); Pierre Fabre Dermatologie – I(H), SP(Fees); Sanofi/Regeneron – C(Fees); venthera – F(SO);
- Drolet, Beth Ann, MD: Pierre Fabre Dermatologie – O(Grants/Research Funding); Venthera – C(Fees);
- Frieden, Ilona J., MD: Pfizer Inc. – Data Safety Monitoring Board(Fees); Venthera – A(H);
- Kinsler, Veronica, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Saturday, February 17
Dr. Frieden / Multifocal vascular lesions: common, less common, and rare
Dr. Kinsler / Update on Phakomatosis Pigmentovascularis
Dr. Baselga / Arterio-venous malformations
All faculty / Case-based Panel Discussion of Diagnostic and Managment Challenges
Dr. Drolet / Vascular Classification in the era molecular genetics