S015 - Consultative Dermatology for the Hospitalized Patient
Friday, February 16; 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify common and uncommon cutaneous manifestations of systemic diseases and infections as they present in the hospitalized patient with skin disease.
- Develop a working differential diagnosis, management plan, and treatment algorithm for hospitalized patients with skin disease.
- Recognize histopathologic patterns of skin diseases that affect the hospitalized patient.
In this session, attendees will learn about common and uncommon cutaneous manifestations of inflammatory, infectious and neoplastic diseases in the hospitalized patient. Information will be delivered in a case-based format, with an emphasis on high-yield learning and practice points that are not necessarily available in the literature or textbooks. The ultimate goal of this session is to empower the audience with the knowledge and tools to more effectively and confidently manage cutaneous diseases in hospitalized patients.
- Fox, Lindy Peta, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Kroshinsky, Daniela, MD, MPH: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Madigan, Lauren Michelle, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Miller, Daniel D., MD: JAMA – E(H); UpToDate, Inc – O(H);
- Rosenbach, Misha, MD: Derm101 – Independent Contractor(H); Promet Therapeutics, LLC – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Shinkai, Kanade, MD, PhD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Friday, February 16
Dr. Madigan / Inpatient Dermatology - Why it Matters
Dr. Miller / Inpatient Dermatopathology
Dr. Shinkai / Neutrophilic Diseases
Dr. Rosenbach / DRESS (or SJS/TEN)
Dr. Kroshinsky / TBD
Dr. Fox / Serious Infections “From the Door”