S014 - Updates on Melanoma Diagnosis and Therapy
Friday, February 16; 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Define the most up-to-date molecular and imaging tools being used to accurately diagnose melanoma
- Define the standard-of-care for targeted melanoma therapy in BRAF-mutant melanomas and therapies currently under investigation
- Define the standard-of-care for immunotherapy use in melanoma and therapies currently under investigation
The standard of care with regard to the diagnosis and treatment of melanoma is changing at an unprecedented rate. We are fortunate to be practicing dermatology at a time when advances in the molecular understanding of human melanoma and the host immune response to this aggressive form of skin cancer are progressing rapidly and quickly translating into improvements in patient outcomes. Here we will review the latest advances in technologies being developed to clinically diagnose melanoma, new molecular tools to aid in the histologic evaluation of melanocytic lesions, and novel targeted therapies and immunotherapies currently in use and under development. Participants will leave this session with a clear understanding of current standards of practice and novel tools and therapies under development.
- Alani, Rhoda Myra, MD: Acylin Therapeutics, Inc – F(Fees);
- Chung, Hye Jin, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Leachman, Sancy A., MD, PhD: Castle Biosciences, Inc – I(NC); DermDetect – A(NC); Merck & Co., Inc – A(NC); Myriad Genetics Inc – I(NC); OrLucent, Inc. – A(H); Palvella Therapeutics – A(NC); Skin Cancer Free – B(NC); Veriskin – A(NC);
- Lin, Jennifer Y., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Lo, Roger S., MD, PhD: Merck & Co., Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding); Merck & Co., Inc. – A(Fees); OncoSec – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Sahni, Debjani, MBBS, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Friday, February 16
Dr. Chung / Updates on Melanoma Staging
Dr. Leachman / Tools, Technology and Teledermoscopy: Earlier Detection of Melanoma
Dr. Lo / Updates on Targeted Therapy in Melanoma
Dr. Sahni / Updates on Immunotherapy in Melanoma
Dr. Lin / Cutaneous Manifestations of Melanoma Targeted Therapy and Immunotherapy
Dr. Alani / Melanoma Diagnosis and Therapy - What Lies Ahead
All faculty / Q&A