S006 - Treating Severe Skin Disease in Children
Friday, February 16; 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Diagnose inherited, inflammatory, infectious and autoimmune dermatologic diseases in children.
- Select systemic, topical and other therapies for severe skin disease in children.
- Develop an approach to children with severe skin disease.
This session is will use a case-based approach designed to tackle therapeutic challenges that confront clinicians who take care of children. Cutting edge as well as tried and true therapies will be presented with special attention to how they can be safely and effectively used for pediatric patients. We will cover: atopic dermatitis, alopecia, vascular anomalies, contact dermatitis, disorders of keratinization and hospital based topics.
- Craiglow, Brittany Gareth, MD: Aclaris Therapeutics Inc. – A(H), C(Fees); Celgene – A(Fees); Concert Pharmaceuticals – C(Grants/Research Funding); Eli Lilly and Company – C(Fees); Pfizer Inc. – A(H), C(Fees), I(NC), SP(H); Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – A(H), SP(H); Roivant Sciences – C(Fees); Summers Laboratories – O(H);
- Lauren, Christine T., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Maguiness, Sheilagh M., MD: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – A(H);
- Martin, Kari, MD: Allergan, Inc – I(S); Crown Therapeutics – I(S); Eli Lilly and Company – I(S); Scioderm – I(S);
- Mathes, Erin F., MD: Pierre Fabre Dermatologie – I(H); Rodan and Fields – SP(H); Zosano Pharma – C(H);
- Morel, Kimberly Dawn, MD: Astellas Pharma US, Inc – I(Grants/Research Funding); Scioderm – I(Grants/Research Funding);
- Tollefson, Megha M., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Friday, February 16
Dr. Mathes / Bugs and Drugs: What’s New in Hypersensitivity Reactions?
Dr. Maguiness / Management of Challenging Vascular Lesions: A Case Based Discussion
Dr. Mathes and Dr. Maguiness / Q+A
Dr. Morel / Systemic and Novel Management of Alopecia Areata in Children
Dr. Craiglow / Scaling Down: Management of Disorders of Keratinization in Children
Dr. Craiglow and Dr. Morel / Q+A
Dr. Martin / Decoding Hypersensitivity Reactions in Children
Dr. Tollefson / Systemic Therapies for Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis
Dr. Martin and Dr. Tollefson / Q+A