S002 - Melanoma and Mimics: New Diagnostic and Treatment Modalities
Friday, February 16; 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize the morphology and molecular pathology of different melanoma sub-types and borderline lesions.
- Determine the appropriate patient management algorithm based on the combination of clinico-pathological correlation and, if necessary, molecular findings.
- Discuss the newly available molecular tests and the new treatment options for metastatic melanoma such as targeted therapy, immunotherapy, and combination therapies.
This session will consist of a combination of formal lectures and interactive presentations. Different melanoma types and borderline melanocytic lesions will be discussed with emphasis on a combined approach spanning from clinico-pathological presentation to new molecular techniques available for diagnosis. New treatment options will also be discussed including targeted therapy and immunotherapy. The session will be directed to general Dermatologists, Dermato-oncologists, and Dermatopathologists. The participants will be actively engaged through ARS.
- Hoang, Mai, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Mihm, Martin Charles Jr., MD: Alnylam – C(IP); BioCoz – A(NC); Caliber Imaging and Diagnostics Inc. – A(NC); MelaSciences – A(NC); Novartis – C(IP); Wiley & Sons, Inc. – C(IP);
- Piris, Adriano, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Sullivan, Ryan, MD: Amgen – A(Fees); Array BioPharma – C(Fees); Biodesix, Inc. – A(Fees); Boehringer Ingelheim – O(Fees); Merck & Co., Inc – A(Fees); WorldCare Clinical LLC – C(Fees);
- Wargo, Jennifer, MD: Bristol-Myers Squibb – SP(H); Dava Oncology – SP(H); Genentech, Inc. – A(H); GlaxoSmithKline – A(H); Illumina, Inc. – SP(H); Imedex, LLC – SP(H); Microbiome DX – O(NC); Novartis – A(H); Roche Laboratories – A(H);
- Zakka, Labib, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Friday, February 16
Dr. Mihm / Atypical Melanocytic Proliferations, Diagnosis and Treatment
Dr. Piris / Primary Cutaneous Melanoma, Morphology and Classification
Dr. Zakka / The AJCC Staging System For Cutaneous Melanoma, 8th Edition
Dr. Sullivan / The Role Of BRAF targeted Therapy In The Immunotherapy Era
Wargo / Update on Adjuvant Therapy in Melanoma
Dr. Hoang / Cutaneous Side Effects In Targeted Therapy and Immunotherapy
All faculty / Panel Discussion And Questions