C020 - Media Training: Developing and Delivering Key Messages
Sunday, February 18; 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Prepare compelling and relatable key messages.
- Communicate key messages clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Develop strategies for staying focused on key messages in challenging situations.
The Academy has identified effective communication as a core competency for leadership in dermatology. Learning how to successfully craft and deliver key messages will help you communicate effectively in any situation. Attendees will have the opportunity to practice what they’ve learned about message development in mock media interviews designed to challenge participants to stay focused while delivering their message. The course director will be assisted by a communications consultant. *This session is open to board-certified dermatologists, graduate members, residents and research fellows only.
- Mugalian, Ruth, MS: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Zeichner, Joshua, MD: Allergan, Inc – A(H); Allergan, Inc. – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Bayer Pharmaceuticals – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Foamix – A(H); Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – C(H); Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company – C(H); La Roche-Posay Laboratorie Pharmaceutique – C(H); Pfizer Inc. – A(H), Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Promius Pharma, LLC – A(H); Regeneron – Speaker/Faculty Education(H); Valeant Pharmaceuticals International – A(H);