C009 - Coding and Documentation
Friday, February 16; 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Evaluate pending changes to the coding and documentation environment to better ensure adherence with latest recommendations.
- Recognize specific coding conventions pertaining to subject areas like surgery and dermatopathology.
- Identify operationally significant legal and regulatory constraints that impinge on medical record description and documentation.
CPT coding, appropriate chart documentation, specific issues relevant to dermatopathology and dermatologic surgery, and relevant legal and regulatory implications will be discussed. Coming changes and recent additions will be emphasized. Time will be available for questions from the audience. This activity has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD) for up to 30 MOC Component 2 Self-Assessment points. For more information about MOC, please visit the ABD website at www.abderm.org.
- Alam, Murad, MD: Allergan, Inc – C(Fees); Amway Corporation – C(H); Merz Pharmaceuticals, LLC – I(Grants/Research Funding); Pulse Biosciences – C(Fees);
- Haas, Ann F., MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Kaufmann, Mark D., MD: Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc. – C(Fees); Almirall – C(Fees); Castle Biosciences, Inc – C(Fees); Dermira – C(Fees); Encore Dermatology, Inc. – C(Fees); Exeltis – C(Fees); Galderma Laboratories, L.P. – C(Fees); IntraDerm Pharmaceuticals – C(Fees); ISDIN – SP(H); JBT Dermatology – C(Fees); Klara/Goderma, Inc. – C(SO); L'Oreal USA Inc. – C(Fees); La Roche-Posay Laboratorie Pharmaceutique – C(Fees); Menlo Therapeutics – C(Fees); Modernizing Medicine – C(SO); Ortho Dermatologics – C(Fees); Pfizer Inc. – C(Fees); Promius Pharma, LLC – C(Fees); SciBASE – C(Fees); Sensus Healthcare – C(Fees); Suneva Medical, Inc. – C(Fees); UCB – C(Fees);
- Miller, Alexander, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
- Rogers, Howard Wooding, MD: no financial relationships exist with commercial interests.
Friday, February 16
Dr. Rogers / Modifier 25, and Documentation
Dr. Kaufmann / RUC Issues and Update
Dr. Miller / Flaps and Closures
Dr. Haas / Telehealth Code Development
Dr. Alam / New CPT Codes: PDT and Laser for Scars
All faculty / Questions from the Audience