Return to program book search
Isotretinoin for Acne Vulgaris: Pearls and Pitfalls
Tuesday, March 25
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Shannon Humphrey, MD, FAAD
- Jerry Kim Leng Tan, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Diane M. Thiboutot, MD, FAAD
- Guy F. Webster, MD, PhD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Highlight the most recent developments in isotretinoin for acne vulgaris with a focus on isotretinoin-lidose.
- Discuss the side effects of isotretinoin and develop a practical approach to its use.
- Assess the recommendation for cumulative threshold dosing for isotretinoin and examine the literature relating to isotretinoin dosing.
In this session experts in the field of acne will highlight isotretinoin for the treatment of acne vulgaris. This session will be clinically focused to highlight the utility of isotretinoin for acne patients. Recent evidence will be reviewed as it pertains to mechanism of action, isotretinoin-lidose, and the concept of cumulative dosing. A concise overview will be given of isotretinoin side effects and a practical approach to patient counseling.
This session is well suited to any dermatologist who prescribes isotretinoin and will provide an expert overview of this "gold-standard" treatment.
|Tuesday, March 25|
|1:00 PM||Introduction / Dr. Humphrey|
|1:05 PM||Mechanism of Action of Isotretinoin / Dr. Thiboutot|
|1:25 PM||What's new with isotretinoin? / Dr. Webster|
|1:45 PM||Cumulative threshold dosing for oral isotretinoin: myth or must do? / Dr. Tan|
|2:05 PM||Side Effects; What Clinicians and Patients need to know / Dr. Humphrey|
|2:35 PM||Alternate Dosing Regimens / Dr. Humphrey|