Return to program book search
Recognition and Management of High-Risk Skin Cancer
Tuesday, March 25
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Christian L. Baum, MD, FAAD
- Sarah T. Arron, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Christopher K. Bichakjian, MD, FAAD
- Marta Jane Van Beek, MD, MPH, FAAD - Handout
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- 1. Discuss features suggesting potentially aggressive behavior of a skin cancer.
- 2. Outline therapeutic considerations when confronted by a high-risk skin cancer.
- 3. Identify indications for adjuvant modalities to reduce the risk of recurrence of high-risk skin cancers.
Dermatologists practicing at the highest level are able to recognize features of high-risk skin cancers before recurrence or metastasis occur, thus offering optimal treatment to patients. In this session, we will review the latest data on high-risk skin cancers and discuss how to prospectively recognize them. More importantly, we will consider various strategies to improve outcomes for patients with high risk skin cancers, including when to employ adjuvant therapies. Learn how to practice cutting edge cutaneous oncology through this case based session.