Return to program book search
Monday, March 24
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Kenneth Yee Tsai, MD, FAAD
- Murad Alam, MD, FAAD
- Jeffrey Phillip Callen, MD, FAAD
- Mary Wu Chang, MD, FAAD
- Mark V. Dahl, MD, FAAD
- Craig A. Elmets, MD, FAAD
- M. Angelica Selim, MD
- Hensin Tsao, MD, PhD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Assess the most important recent clinical and scientific literature of dermatologic significance.
- Critically analyze flaws in papers and determine their significance.
- Apply newly gained knowledge to improve patient care.
The critical skills for evaluating the current literature will be discussed by members of the NEJM Journal Watch Dermatology editorial board. This group follows over 50 journals, summarizing key points weekly online and monthly in print. The discussions will emphasize recently published articles. Members will present, analyze, and critically evaluate the most important articles in their special area of interest over the past year.
|Monday, March 24|
|3:30 PM||Update on Melanoma / Dr. Tsao|
|3:45 PM||Photomedicine and Vitamin D / Dr. Elmets|
|4:00 PM||Journal Watching for Medical Dermatology and Medical Therapeutics / Dr. Callen|
|4:15 PM||Dermatopathology Update / Dr. Selim|
|4:30 PM||Notes from an Inflammatory Dermatologist / Dr. Dahl|
|4:45 PM||Advances in Pediatric Dermatology / Dr. Chang|
|5:00 PM||Dermatologic Surgery / Dr. Alam|
|5:15 PM||Questions & Answers / Dr. Tsai|