Return to program book search
Patient Safety in Dermatologic Surgery
Monday, March 24
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Deborah MacFarlane, MD, MPH, FAAD - Handout
- Murad Alam, MD, FAAD
- David J. Goldberg, MD, JD, FAAD
- Abel Torres, MD, JD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- 1 Discuss evidence-based patient safety literature in dermatologic surgery
- 2. Examine a series of real-life patient safety scenarios
- 3. Incorporate this knowledge into your own surgical practice to reduce risk.
Patient safety has an integral role in the strategy to improve U.S. health care. This session will review the evidence-based literature designed to assess the extent and impact of errors in dermatologic surgery. A variety of real-life case scenarios will be presented to illustrate such topics as office surgery safety, patient safety in Mohs surgery and laser safety. Attendees will be encouraged to critically examine their own safety practices and start to plan for their own quality improvements. Forewarned is forearmed.