Return to program book search
The Patient Orientated Practice
Monday, March 24
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Leonard Harry Goldberg, MD, FAAD
- Tena Brown
- Mary E. Maloney, MD, FAAD
- Elizabeth I. McBurney, MD, FAAD
- Jennifer M. Segal, MD, FAAD
- Steven Kenneth Shama, MD, MPH, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify features within your office to make the patient encounter positive and unforgettable.
- Develop methods to make your patients happy and appreciative about their encounter with you and your office.
- Apply these techniques to the surgical, pediatric, cosmetic, academic, and general dermatology practice.
This session will be in a format of lectures, questions, and discussions. We will focus on identifying features in the patient-oriented practice, including interpersonal skills, communication techniques, subliminal messages, friendly office atmosphere, a pleasant clinical experience, attracting cosmetics and pediatric patients. Dealing with difficult and high-end patients will be discussed, including obtaining and maintaining patients trust.
|Monday, March 24|
|10:00 AM||An Overview / Dr. Shama|
|10:20 AM||"Step into my office... You will feel at home" / Dr. McBurney|
|10:40 AM||The Young Cosmetic Patient / Dr. Segal|
|11:00 AM||Forming That Team That Provides Wonderful Patient Care / Dr. Maloney|
|11:20 AM||The Patient's View / Brown|
|11:40 AM||Older Patients and the Surgery Encounter / Dr. Goldberg|