Return to program book search
Uses and Toxicities of Oncologic Drugs in Dermatology
Monday, March 24
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Jennifer N. Choi, MD, FAAD
- Sarah T. Arron, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Jaehyuk Choi, MD, PhD
- Mario E. Lacouture, MD, FAAD
- Jennifer Y. Lin, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Examine the use and toxicities of hedgehog pathway inhibitors in treatment of basal cell carcinoma.
- Discuss the use and toxicities of BRAF inhibitors (including vemurafenib and dabrafenib) and MEK inhibitors (such as trametinib) in treatment of melanoma.
- Discuss the use of systemic oncologic therapies for cutaneous diseases, such as EGFR inhibitors for cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma and imatinib for DFSP.
Novel targeted and biological therapies have become increasingly available in the treatment of cancer and other conditions. This is true also in the dermatologist's world. In this session, we will discuss recent advances in dermatologic therapies, including vismodegib for basal cell carcinoma, vemurafenib, dabrafenib, and trametinib for melanoma, immunotherapies including ipilimumab for melanoma, and the exploratory use of targeted agents, such as EGFR inhibitors for squamous cell carcinoma and imatinib for dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans and systemic mastocytosis. This session is directed to all general dermatologists, particularly those interested in the use of targeted and biological therapies.
|Monday, March 24|
|10:00 AM||Introduction to Oncologic Drugs in Dermatology / Dr. Choi|
|10:05 AM||Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitors for Basal Cell Carcinoma / Dr. Arron|
|10:25 AM||Question & Answer Period / Dr. Arron|
|10:28 AM||Use and Toxicities of BRAF Inhibitors in the Treatment of Melanoma / Dr. Lin|
|10:48 AM||Question & Answer Period / Dr. Lin|
|10:51 AM||Immunotherapies for Skin Cancer / Dr. Choi|
|11:11 AM||Question & Answer Period / Dr. Choi|
|11:14 AM||Use of Oncologic Drugs for Skin Disease / Dr. Lacouture|
|11:34 AM||Question & Answer Period / Dr. Lacouture|
|11:37 AM||Non-Surgical Modalities in Melanoma Treatment / Dr. Choi|
|11:57 AM||Question & Answer Session / Dr. Choi|