Return to program book search
Medical Dermatology Challenge: Complex Cases from the Collection of Dr. Samuel Moschella
Saturday, March 22
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Jennifer Tan, MD, FAAD
- Amir Aboutalebi, MD, FAAD
- Samuel Leonard Moschella, MD, FAAD
- Arturo P. Saavedra, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Charles R. Taylor, MD, FAAD
- Ruth Ann Vleugels, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Visually approach and diagnose classic and atypical presentations of cutaneous manifestations of systemic disease.
- Diagnose unusual presentations of primary dermatologic processes.
- Select management options based on the best available evidence from the literature and discuss the use of advanced systemic therapies for the management of refractory dermatologic conditions.
After following patients with complex dermatologic disease for over fifty years, Dr. Sam Moschella, along with several colleagues, will share their medical dermatology images and clinical clues for identifying complex skin conditions. This session will offer practical tips for diagnosis, evaluation and management of patients with systemic diseases affecting the skin. It will emphasize morphology, diagnostic challenges and therapeutic dilemmas. Audience self-assessment will be encouraged, followed by a discussion of the images. A case-based approach will be utilized to highlight relevance for the dermatology trainee or experienced clinician. Cases discussed will include metabolic, lymphoproliferative, connective tissue, granulomatous and pediatric disease.
|Saturday, March 22|
|1:00 PM||Image Session 1 / Dr. Aboutalebi|
|1:20 PM||Image Session 2 / Dr. Vleugels|
|1:40 PM||Image Session 3 / Dr. Saavedra-Lauzon|
|2:00 PM||Image Session 4 / Dr. Taylor|
|2:20 PM||Image Session 5 / Dr. Moschella|
|2:55 PM||Q&A Session / All faculty|