Return to program book search
Skin Signs of Internal Disease: Case Based Challenges
Saturday, March 22
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Cindy Owen, MD, FAAD
- Soon Bahrami, MD
- Jeffrey Phillip Callen, MD, FAAD
- Courtney Reynolds Schadt, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize skin conditions that are associated with underlying systemic disease via medical images and photomicrographs.
- Determine the appropriate studies to assess for underlying systemic disease based on the skin findings.
- Develop a treatment plan for patients with complex skin conditions.
One of dermatology's great "skinternists," Dr. Jeffrey P. Callen, will present, along with several colleagues, cases of cutaneous manifestation of systemic disease from his extensive files. Self-assessment by learners will be encouraged using multiple-choice questions about diagnosis, diagnostic testing, and management for each case. The case presentations will be followed by a brief discussion addressing these learning points. Cases will include cutaneous manifestations of internal malignancy and monoclonal gammopathies, as well as skin signs of thyroid, gastrointestinal, metabolic, infectious, and rheumatologic diseases.