Return to program book search
Tuesday, March 25
Mile High Ballroom 4DEF
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Craig A. Elmets, MD, FAAD
- Kelly M. Cordoro, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Kenneth B. Gordon, MD, FAAD
- Heidi H. Kong, MD, MHS, FAAD
- John Y. M. Koo, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Mark Lebwohl, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Frank Nestle - Handout
- Abrar A. Qureshi, MD, MPH, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Summarize the most current information about the long term effects of biologic therapies and the status of new drugs that are in clinical trials.
- Discuss current concepts of the pathogenesis of psoriasis.
- List effective methods of managing psoriasis in the pediatric population.
This symposium will review the latest concepts of the pathogenesis of psoriasis. It will address biologic therapy and clinical trials investigating new forms of treatment. There will be a review of the long term consequences of biologic therapies. Psoriasis in children will be discussed. There will also be an appraisal of the current role of phototherapy in the care of psoriatic patients.
- Nestle FO, Kaplan DH, Barker J.Psoriasis. N Engl J Med. 2009 Jul 30;361(5):496-509.
- Guidelines of care for the management of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis (six parts). JAAD 58:826-50, 2008; 58:851-64, 2008; 60:643-59, 2009; 61:451-85, 2009; 62:114-35, 2010; 65:137-74, 2011.
- Papp KA, Leonardi C, Menter A, et al. Brodalumab, an anti-interleukin-17-receptor antibody for psoriasis. N Engl J Med 2012;366:1181-1189. Leonardi C, Matheson R, Zachariae C, et al. Anti-interleukin-17 monoclonal antibody ixekizumab in chronic plaque psoriasis. N Engl J Med 2012;366:1190-1199.
|Tuesday, March 25|
|9:00 AM||Current Understanding of Psoriasis Pathogenesis / Dr. Nestle|
|9:25 AM||Potential Contribution of the Microbiome to Psoriasis / Dr. Kong|
|9:40 AM||Challenges of Managing Psoriasis in the Pediatric Population / Dr. Cordoro|
|10:05 AM||Psoriasis Co-morbidities: From Population Studies to Clinical Practice / Dr. Qureshi|
|10:30 AM||Phototherapy in the Age of Biologics / Dr. Koo|
|10:50 AM||Topical Therapy of Psoriasis: Past, Present and Future / Dr. Elmets|
|11:10 AM||New Systemic Agents for Psoriasis / Dr. Lebwohl|
|11:35 AM||What are the Long Term Risks of Biologics for Psoriasis? / Dr. Gordon|