Return to program book search
Lessons in Patient Safety and Communication
Monday, March 24
Mile High Ballroom 2B
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Kelly C. Nelson, MD, FAAD
- David M. Adelson, MD, MS, FAAD - Handout
- Melody J. Eide, MD, MPH, FAAD
- Joseph Sobanko, MD, FAAD
- Oliver J. Wisco, DO, FAAD - Handout
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- 1. Identify techniques to communicate safely and effectively with patients and other providers when utilizing an electronic medical record.
- 2. Identify techniques to communicate effectively with patients and team members to optimize safety during procedures.
With the increased focus on electronic health records, this session will highlight successful communication techniques to assure the communication between the provider and the patient is not compromised. We will also discuss the importance of attention to communication both in the electronic health record and among team members to minimize errors and safety events.
- Standardized patient identification and specimen labeling: a retrospective analysis on improving patient safety. J Am Acad Dermatol 2013 Jan;68(1):53-6.
|Monday, March 24|
|9:00 AM||Introduction: Safety and Dermatology / Dr. Nelson|
|9:05 AM||Dermatology Safety Best Practices and Change Management / Dr. Nelson|
|9:30 AM||Safety and Procedural Dermatology / Dr. Sobanko|
|9:50 AM||Safety Pitfalls with Electronic Health Records / Dr. Nicholas|
|10:10 AM||Safety Q&A / Dr. Nelson, Dr. Nicholas, and Dr. Sobanko|
|10:30 AM||Introduction: Communication, Quality and Dermatology / Dr. Nelson|
|10:35 AM||Provider Quality and QI Dashboards: The Henry Ford Experience / Dr. Eide|
|10:55 AM||Patient Perceptions of Provider Quality / Dr. Adelson|
|11:15 AM||The Future Use of Patient Registries for Dermatology Performance Improvement / Dr. Wisco|
|11:35 AM||Communication/Quality Q&A / Dr. Eide, Dr. Adelson, and Dr. Wisco|