Return to program book search
Saturday, March 22
Four Seasons Ballroom 2/3
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Diane S. Berson, MD, FAAD
- Zoe Diana Draelos, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Patricia Farris, MD, FAAD
- Pearl E. Grimes, MD, FAAD
- Mary P. Lupo, MD, FAAD
- Mary S. Matsui, PhD
- Nicole Elaine Rogers, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Dana Lynn Sachs, MD, FAAD
- Rashmi Sarkar, MD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Discuss new trends and concepts in cosmetic dermatology, including studies regarding nutrition, neutraceuticals, retinoids, 5-FU and photoprotective ingredients.
- Review treatments for hyperpigmentation, including cosmeceuticals and chemical peels.
- Select cosmeceuticals to incorporate into dermatology practice.
Cosmetic dermatology has grown significantly in the practice of dermatology. This session will review what is new, including new trends and concept introductions. The science linking nutrition to skin aging and use of neutraceuticals as an adjunct to skin rejuvenation will be discussed, as well as recent research on the use of retinoids and 5-FU for aging skin. A range of ingredients deemed to have photoprotective properties will be reviewed in light of credible (and incredible) evidence for efficacy. Cosmetic treatment of hyperpigmentation and the science of chemical peels will also be reviewed, as well as cosmetic aspects of hair care. Finally, incorporating cosmeceuticals into medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology practices will be discussed.
|Saturday, March 22|
|9:00 AM||Welcome and Introduction / Dr. Berson|
|9:05 AM||Nutricosmetics: The Impact of Nutrition on Skin Health and Beauty / Dr. Farris|
|9:25 AM||What's New in Cosmetic Dermatology / Dr. Draelos|
|9:45 AM||Topical Therapy for Aging Skin / Dr. Sachs|
|10:05 AM||Botanical Extracts for Photoprotection / Dr. Matsui|
|10:25 AM||Cosmeceuticals for the Complete Dermatology Practice: Medical, Surgical, Cosmetic / Dr. Lupo|
|10:45 AM||Cosmetic Treatment of Hyperpigmentation / Dr. Sarkar|
|11:05 AM||The Science of Chemical Peels / Dr. Grimes|
|11:25 AM||Great Hair: Getting Past the Hype / Dr. Rogers|
|11:45 AM||Questions and Answers / All faculty|