Return to program book search
Tuition fee and ticket required for admission
Tuesday, March 25
Mile High Ballroom 3B
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Ronald P. Rapini, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Carolyn A. Bangert, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Francisco G. Bravo, MD
- Nooshin Ketabchi Brinster, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Ana M. Ciurea, MD, FAAD
- George W. Elgart, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Tammie C. Ferringer, MD, FAAD
- Whitney A. High, MD, FAAD
- Carrie L. Kovarik, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Steven Randolph Mays, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Arjen F. Nikkels, MD, PhD - Handout
- Theodore Rosen, MD, FAAD
- Kenneth J. Tomecki, MD, FAAD
- Stephen K. Tyring, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Richard C Wang, MD, PhD, FAAD - Handout
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- 1. Diagnose and treat skin infections appropriately.
- 2. Differentiate skin infections from mimics of infection.
- 3. Recognize the importance of emerging infectious agents.
This session provides an update on infectious diseases that affect the skin, including diagnosis and treatment pearls. The course is designed as a comprehensive update for the practicing dermatologist as well as for residents. 6.00 Category I CME Credits
- 1. Cutaneous simulants of infectious disease. Int J Dermatol 2011 Sep;50(9):1043-57.
- 2. Infectious skin diseases: a review and needs assessment. Dermatol Clin 2012 Jan;30(1):141-51, ix-x.
- 3. Cutaneous infestations and infections. Adolesc Med State Art Rev 2011 Apr;22(1):129-45, ix.
|Tuesday, March 25|
|9:00 AM||Barnyard Zoonoses / Dr. Ferringer|
|9:25 AM||Dermatologic Threats from Exotic Pets / Dr. Rosen|
|9:50 AM||HIV-related Skin Disease / Dr. Kovarik|
|10:15 AM||Selected Deep Fungi: Recognition and Treatment / Dr. Elgart|
|10:40 AM||Infections from the Southern Hemisphere / Dr. Bravo|
|11:05 AM||Vaccines to Prevent Infectious Diseases / Dr. Tyring|
|11:30 AM||Infections Related to Biologic Therapy / Dr. Bangert|
|11:55 AM||Questions and Answers / All faculty|
|12:00 PM||Break / |
|2:00 PM||Leishmaniasis / Dr. Tomecki|
|2:25 PM||Hansen's Disease in the USA / Dr. Mays|
|2:45 PM||Mimickers of Infectious Diseases / Dr. Ciurea|
|3:10 PM||Emerging Roles of Polyomaviruses / Dr. Wang|
|3:35 PM||Herpes Zoster / Dr. Nikkels|
|4:00 PM||Spirochetes / Dr. Brinster|
|4:25 PM||STDs Other than Syphilis / Dr. High|
|4:50 PM||Questions and Answers / All faculty|