Excellence in Dermatology™
Excellence in Dermatologic Surgery™
Excellence in Medical Dermatology™
Excellence in Dermatopathology™

Return to program book search

Session Information

FOC U004 - Ten Tumors You Don't Want to Miss! Management of Uncommon Tumors in the Mohs Surgical Unit

Open admission to eligible categories, no tuition or ticket


Date: Friday, March 01

CME Credits: 1.50

Location: Room B116/117

Time: 7:15 AM - 8:45 AM

Director: J. Suzanne Mosher, MD, FAAD

Learning Objectives:
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:

  • 1. Recognize the clinical and histologic variables of uncommon tumors seen in the Mohs surgical unit.
  • 2. Evaluate management strategies for uncommon tumors seen in the Mohs surgical unit.

Basal Cell Carcinoma and Squamous Cell Carcinoma represent more than 99% of tumors treated by the Mohs micrographic surgeon. During this session, we will review the clinical and histologic features of the remaining 1% of tumors seen in the Mohs unit. Recent literature with regard to management of these tumors will be reviewed. Example tumors may include desmoplastic trichoepithelioma, intravascular BCC, SCC with perineural invasion, Sebaceous carcinoma, Merkel Cell Carcinoma, Paget's Disease, Atypical Fibroxanthoma, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans, and Lentigo Maligna.