Return to program book search
Skin & Systemic Malignancy
Tuesday, March 05
Palm Ballroom 2
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Seemal Desai, MD, FAAD
- Neal D. Bhatia, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Mark Lebwohl, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Vincent Liu, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- 1. Identify and distinguish early forms and various clinical presentations of paraneoplastic dermatoses.
- 2. Utilize recent data from the literature to enable clinicians to differentiate primary underlying malignancies and their most common type of skin presentation.
- 3. Develop treatment and workup plans for patients presenting with skin conditions suspicious for underlying malignancy.
ParaneoplasticdDermatoses include various papulosquamous, bullous, rheumatologic, pruritic, and hair and nail disorders which manifest secondary to underlying malignancy. Numerous clinical and pathologic images encompassing various diagnoses including paraneoplastic pemphigus, acrokeratosis paraneoplastica, paraneoplastic dermatomyositis, acquired ichthyosis, scleromyxedema, sweet's syndrome, pyoderma gangrenosum, hypertrichosis lanuginosa acquisita and reactive erythemas will be shown and discussed. The use of patient cases and audience participation will facilitate session attendees' ability to better formulate work-up and treatment plans, as well as develop skills on how to better communicate with other healthcare providers. This course is designed for both clinicians in practice and those in training.
|Tuesday, March 05|
|3:30 PM||Introduction / Dr. Desai|
|3:35 PM||Paraneoplastic Dermatoses- a cased based approach / Dr. Desai|
|3:55 PM||Biologics & Systemic Malignancy / Dr. Lebwohl|
|4:15 PM||NMSC and systemic complications in the immunosuppressed / Dr. Bhatia|
|4:35 PM||Skin & Hematolymphoid malignancies / Dr. Liu|
|5:15 PM||Panel Discussion And Questions / All faculty|