Return to program book search
Biologic Therapy in Dermatology Beyond Psoriasis
Monday, March 04
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Michael P. Heffernan, MD, FAAD
- Andrew Blauvelt, MD, FAAD
- Amy Yuntzu-Yen Chen, MD, FAAD
- Amit Garg, MD, FAAD
- Dedee F. Murrell, MD, FAAD - Handout
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Discuss the mechanisms of action of currently used biologic medications with dermatologic applications.
- Review the data on the uses of biologic medications in dermatology beyond psoriasis.
- Discuss future uses of biologic medications in dermatology.
Most dermatologists are very comfortable using biologic medications for their patients with psoriasis and/or psoriatic arthritis. We will review the most up-to-date data on the uses of biologic medications for diseases as varied as paraneoplastic pemphigus and granuloma annulare and everything in between. Medications to be reviewed: Anti-TNF, anti- B cell, anti- IgE, other biologics developed for rheumatologic diseases.
|Monday, March 04|
|10:00 AM||Rituximab in Dermatology / Dr. Murrell|
|10:30 AM||Anti-TNF medications in Dermatology / Dr. Chen|
|11:00 AM||Ustekinumab in Dermatology / Dr. Blauvelt|
|11:30 AM||Omalizumab and Rheum Biologics / Dr. Garg|
|11:50 AM||Q&A / All faculty|