Return to program book search
What You Need to Know About Coding But Were Afraid to Ask
Monday, March 04
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Allan S. Wirtzer, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Murad Alam, MD, FAAD
- Neal D. Bhatia, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Mark D. Kaufmann, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Howard Wooding Rogers, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- 1. Practice correct coding principles.
- 2. Avoid frequently misunderstood coding issues.
- 3. Demonstrate confidence of their coding and documentation when faced with an audit.
Coding and documentation are critical to the success of a practice. Proper understanding will permit dermatologists to bill correctly for their services, optimize speed of payment, and enhance the physician-patient relationship. Overlooking principles of coding and documentation adds to the staff workload and also increases the risk of audits, among other things. Our session will focus on those elements of coding and documentation frequently overlooked in the busy office. Further, we will share our experience with EHR systems - advantages and pitfalls.