Return to program book search
Careers in Academic Dermatology
Sunday, March 03
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Lindy Peta Fox, MD, FAAD
- April W. Armstrong, MD, MPH, FAAD
- Jeremy S. Bordeaux, MD, MPH, FAAD
- Keith Choate, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Kelly M. Cordoro, MD, FAAD
- Adam Rubin, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- 1. Describe different career options in academic dermatology.
- 2. Identify potential role models in various fields of academic dermatology.
- 3. Identify routes for funding a career in academic dermatology.
In this session, attendees will learn about different career options in academic dermatology. Approachable, dynamic, and successful academic dermatologists will describe their daily work schedules, the training required, financial reimbursement, available funding sources, and pearls for a successful career in his/her chosen field of academic dermatology. There will be a panel discussion and/or breakout sessions at the end of the session during which time attendees can ask questions of the speakers. The session is intended for dermatology residents interested in learning more about or pursuing a career in academic dermatology.
|Sunday, March 03|
|3:30 PM||Pediatric Dermatology / Dr. Cordoro|
|3:30 PM||Complex Medical Dermatology/Inpatient Dermatology / Dr. Fox|
|3:30 PM||Procedural Dermatology / Dr. Bordeaux|
|3:30 PM||Dermatopathology / Dr. Rubin|
|3:30 PM||Clinical Research/ Teledermatology / Dr. Armstrong|
|3:30 PM||Investigative Dermatology / Dr. Choate|