Return to program book search
Importance of Ergonomics and Office Design in Dermatology
Sunday, March 03
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Christine A. Liang, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Vicki J. Levine, MD, FAAD
- Kishwer S. Nehal, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Tri H. Nguyen, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize risk of musculoskeletal injuries that can develop from repetitive procedures in dermatology.
- Implement changes in workstyle behavior and workspace to reduce risk for musculoskeletal injuries.
- Design an office space that optimizes functionality and comfort for the physician, staff and patient.
Given the repetitive nature of procedures in dermatology, dermatologists are at risk for musculoskeletal injuries (i.e. back, neck, shoulder, wrist pain) that can impact the physician both short and long term. Attention to office design and proper ergonomics can significantly improve the well-being and productivity of physicians during their career. This session will cover: 1) importance of ergonomics in the daily practice of the dermatologist 2) modifications in workstyle habits, use of ergonomic tools and equipment 3) ergonomic evaluation and exercises to reduce injury and 4) how to design a functional and pleasant office space.
|Sunday, March 03|
|3:30 PM||Introduction: Importance of Ergonomics and Office Design / Dr. Liang|
|3:45 PM||Workstyle Modifications: Ergonomic Positioning, Tools and Equipment / Dr. Nehal|
|4:10 PM||The Ergonomic Workout: Stretching and Strengthening Exercises to Reduce Injury / Dr. Levine|
|4:30 PM||Question and Answer / All faculty|
|4:40 PM||Zen Medicine: Designing Harmony and Function in Your Office / Dr. Nguyen|
|5:15 PM||Question and Answer / All faculty|