Return to program book search
Sunday, March 03
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Lawrence F. Eichenfield, MD, FAAD
- Charles N. Ellis, MD, FAAD
- Amy S. Paller, MD, FAAD
- Robert Sidbury, MD, MPH, FAAD
- Eric Lawrence Simpson, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- 1. Discuss evolving insights on disease pathogenesis.
- 2. Recognize the impact of therapeutic education programs on disease course.
- 3. Evaluate newer treatment therapies using knowledge of topical and systemic therapies.
This forum will provide an update on atopic dermatitis pathogenesis and the issues of food allergy and other allergic co-morbidities in the onset and course of atopic dermatitis. Evolving research on barrier dysfunction, microbial colonization, genetic and immunologic factors influencing disease, and pruritus will be discussed. Therapeutic education programs are evolving internationally, and are important, data-proven components of treatment. Updates on newer data on topical therapy safety and utilization in treatment regimens will be discussed, as well as systemic therapy.
|Sunday, March 03|
|3:30 PM||Skin Care Therapeutic Update / Dr. Paller|
|4:00 PM||Prevention and Comorbidities / Dr. Simpson|
|4:30 PM||Questions & Answers / Dr. Simpson|
|4:40 PM||Adult Atopic Dermatitis / Dr. Ellis|
|5:00 PM||AAD Atopic Dermatitis Guidelines: What's Flaring? / Dr. Sidbury|
|5:25 PM||Questions & Answers / All faculty|