Return to program book search
Dermatoethics Consultations: Cases and Controversies
Saturday, March 02
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Lionel Gordon Bercovitch, MD, FAAD
- Jane Margaret Grant-Kels, MD, FAAD
- Clifford S. Perlis, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize the existence of ethical dilemmas in everyday situations
- Analyze ethical and professional dilemmas in a critical way to lead to satisfactory resolution
- Apply basic ethical principles to dealing with ethical dilemmas that arise in office practice, the academic setting, and in training.
Three or four controversial cases will be presented by the panel, and then be critically analyzed and discussed with attendees. These will involve realistic situations and ethical dilemmas that all the attendees are likely to have encountered in clinical practice, in managing their business, or in training. There will be ample time for discussion and debate, and attendees may present their own cases for analysis and discussion, time permitting.