Return to program book search
Treatment of Varicose and Telangiectatic Leg Veins
Saturday, March 02
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Girish S. Munavalli, MD, MHS, FAAD
- Todd Cartee, MD, FAAD
- Jeffrey T. S. Hsu, MD, FAAD
- Julie K. Karen, MD, FAAD
- Sirunya Silapunt, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize the anatomy of venous reflux.
- Differentiate between the advantages and disadvantages of various sclerosing agents and foaming techniques
- Develop comprehensive treatment approaches to leg veins ranging from spider veins to truncal varicosities
In this session, we will discuss a comprehensive strategy for the evaluation, diagnosis, and management of venous insufficiency of the lower extremities. We will place an emphasis on diagnostic evaluation with a thorough understanding of pathophysiology of venous disease from the hemodynamic effects to effects on the skin of the lower extremities. Treatment options of all levels from medical to cosmetic issues will be reviewed. Discussion will touch on starting a vein center within a busy dermatology practice.