Return to program book search
High Yield "Power Hour" for Residents
Saturday, March 02
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Harley A. Haynes, MD, FAAD
- Elizabeth A. Buzney, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Jennifer Tan, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Ruth Ann Vleugels, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Linda Chung-Chin Wang, MD, JD, FAAD - Handout
- Fei-Shiuann Clarissa Yang, MD, FAAD - Handout
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Examine pearls and measure competency in high-yield topics.
- Discuss key topics in dermatology, including drugs used in dermatology, procedural dermatology, allergic contact dermatitis, basement membrane disorders, and pediatric dermatology.
- Demonstrate comprehension through multiple choice questions.
This forum is designed for dermatology residents who seek to achieve a comfort level with five high-yield topics encountered during training. Image-based learning will focus on: 1) mechanisms of action and side effects of systemic dermatologic therapies; 2) basic concepts of procedural dermatology; 3) allergens associated with contact dermatitis; 4) inherited and immunobullous disorders of the epidermal basement membrane; and 5) key concepts in pediatric and neonatal dermatology. Multiple choice questions will highlight take-home pearls. These sessions are popular among residents at our institution.
|Saturday, March 02|
|1:00 PM||Introduction / Dr. Haynes|
|1:05 PM||Autoimmune & Inherited Blistering Diseases of the Basement Membrane Zone / Dr. Wang|
|1:25 PM||Procedural Dermatology / Dr. Yang|
|1:45 PM||Pediatric Dermatology / Dr. Tan|
|2:05 PM||Contact Dermatitis / Dr. Buzney|
|2:25 PM||Pharmacology / Dr. Vleugels|
|2:45 PM||Q&A / All faculty|