Return to program book search
Management of the Vitiligo Patient
Friday, March 01
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Iltefat H. Hamzavi, MD, FAAD
- Pearl E. Grimes, MD, FAAD
- John Harris, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Davinder Parsad, MD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify the different mechanisms that may trigger vitiligo
- Describe differences between the management of adults and children with vitiligo
- Recognize different topical, phototherapeutic, surgical and oral treatment options for vitiligo.
Vitiligo is a disfiguring recalcitrant disease but there are new options emerging. Faculty from all over the world will present updates on etiology, pediatric issues, and advances in topical therapy. There will also be speakers who will cover phototherapy, surgery, and depigmentation therapy. The session will be an interactive one where, as a group, we can educate each other on existing and new treatment options for our patients as well as helping them cope with vitiligo.