Return to program book search
Medical Dermatology Challenge: Complex Cases from the Collection of Dr. Samuel Moschella
Friday, March 01
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Jennifer Tan, MD, FAAD
- Samuel Leonard Moschella, MD, FAAD
- Arturo P. Saavedra, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Charles R. Taylor, MD, FAAD
- Ruth Ann Vleugels, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Visually approach and diagnose classic and atypical presentations of cutaneous manifestations of systemic disease.
- Diagnose unusual presentations of primary dermatologic processes.
- Select management options based on the best available evidence from the literature and to discuss the use of advanced systemic therapies for the management of refractory dermatologic conditions.
After following patients with complex medical dermatologic disease for over fifty years, Dr. Sam Moschella, along with several colleagues, will share their medical dermatology images and discuss clinical clues for identifying complex skin conditions. This session will offer practical tips for diagnosis, appropriate evaluation, and management of patients with systemic diseases affecting the skin. It will place special emphasis on diagnostic challenges and therapeutic dilemmas encountered with these complex cases. Morphological clues for diagnosis will be underscored. Audience self-assessment will be encouraged through kodachrome review, followed by a formal discussion of the images involving audience participation. A case-based approach will be utilized to highlight relevance for the dermatology trainee or experienced clinician. Cases discussed will focus on metabolic disease, renal disease, lymphoproliferative disease, connective tissue disease, granulomatous disease, and pediatric disease.
|Friday, March 01|
|10:00 AM||Image Session 1 / Dr. Taylor|
|10:25 AM||Image Session 2 / Dr. Saavedra-Lauzon|
|10:45 AM||Image Session 3 / Dr. Tan|
|11:05 AM||Image Session 4 / Dr. Vleugels|
|11:25 AM||Image Session 5 / Dr. Moschella|