Return to program book search
Monday, March 04
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Thomas E. Rohrer, MD, FAAD
- David G. Brodland, MD, FAAD
- Joel Cook, MD, FAAD
- Hugh M. Gloster, Jr., MD, FAAD
- Leonard Harry Goldberg, MD, FAAD
- Andrew J. Kaufman, MD, FAAD - Handout
- J. Ramsey Mellette, Jr., MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify which repairs are most appropriate for lesions in specific regions
- Predict which repairs will yield the highest likelihood of success in a region.
This symposium will cover a wide variety of reconstructive options for surgical defects on the face and hands. The session will be broken up and approached in a regional fashion. The speakers will discuss their thought process as to why they would choose one repair over another good option given specific characteristics of the defect or the individual’s unique anatomy. This session will go beyond giving methods to simply "fill the hole." The speakers will discuss the fine art of reconstructive surgery and demonstrate how to achieve consistently excellent results.
- Rohrer T, Cook J, Nguyen T, Mellette JR. Flaps and Grafts in Dermatologic Surgery. Saunders Elsevier. Philadelphia, 2007.
- Cook J, Goldman G. Random Pattern Cutaneous Flaps. In Surgery of the Skin. Eds. Robinson J. et al. Elsevier. Philadelphia, 2005.
- Kaufman A, Long W, Rohrer T. Aesthetic Surgical Closures. In: Atlas of Cosmetic Surgery. Eds. Kaminer M, Arndt K, Dover J, Rohrer T, and Zachary C. Saunders Elsevier. Philadelphia, 2009.
|Monday, March 04|
|2:00 PM||Introduction / Dr. Rohrer|
|2:05 PM||Forehead, temple, cheeks, and scalp / Dr. Goldberg|
|2:20 PM||Periocular Reconstruction / Dr. Sengelmann|
|2:50 PM||Single Staged Nasal Reconstruction / Dr. Kaufman|
|3:30 PM||Staged Nasal Reconstruction / Dr. Cook|
|3:50 PM||Perioral Reconstruction / Dr. Brodland|
|4:20 PM||Auricular Reconstruction / Dr. Mellette|
|4:45 PM||Recontrction on the hands and feet / Dr. Gloster|
|5:00 PM||Conclusion / Dr. Rohrer|